Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Greater Virginia
Development Officer (Exempt)
: Event and Campaign Manager
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Position open until filled; EOE. No phone calls please.
The Development Officer is responsible for engaging donors in our mission through events and campaigns. This includes seeking and establishing new relationships, stewarding and increasing support from current donors, and meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
Other Development Responsibilities
- Create customized outreach plans to engage individuals in our programs, specifically with small and large peer to peer fundraising and friend raising events.
- Manage fundraising volunteers and committees to achieve goals.
- Manage an active portfolio of donors, securing gifts and visits with donors.
- Work closely with Development Staff, President & CEO as well as the Board on implementing moves management programs as appropriate.
- Assist in developing and implementing the strategic fundraising plan and revenue budget.
- Develop and maintain donor recognition and stewardship.
- Collaborate with Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America on best practices and resources.
- Manage procedures and practices to meet chapter ROI and revenue goals.
- Position requires some travel, evening and weekend work hours.
- Performs other duties as required
- BS/BA or comparable experience required.
- Three to five years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Requires excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal skills, writing and presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly professional and able to work successfully with a wide variety of constituents including donors, board members, volunteers, community groups and professional consultants. · High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, and Raiser’s Edge database management software.
- Exudes a powerful passion for our children, their families, and our mission, day in and day out.
- Displays and purposefully creates camaraderie amongst coworkers, elevating their passion and enthusiasm for what our chapter is trying to accomplish.