Job Title: Development Assistant (Part–time, Non-exempt)
Supervisor: Director of Development
Job Summary: The Development Assistant is responsible for managing National Corporate Partnerships and endowment applications, managing donor stewardship and deliverables and supporting development staff with various fundraising campaigns.
To Apply: Salary is competitive and based upon qualifications. Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Assistant in the subject line. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
National Corporate Partnerships and Endowment Applications:
- Manage activation and deliverables for National Corporate Partnerships benefiting Make-A-Wish Greater Virginia.
- Engage and grow relationships with National Corporate Partners on a local level to increase revenue.
- Track giving results and help to identify opportunities to increase giving at the chapter level.
- Submit applications for endowment funds on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in developing and implementing the strategic fundraising plan and revenue budget.
Stewardship and Campaign Support:
- Work with development staff on all forms of donor stewardship. Assist with deliverables and maintaining recognition and stewardship programs for corporate, community groups, planned giving, foundation and major gift donors.
- Collaborate with program staff on donor stewardship and opportunities for involvement in wish celebrations.
- Support development staff with various fundraising campaigns, including RSVPs, logistics, registration and general support as needed.
- Respond to donor inquiries and contact donors as required.
- Assist with Social Media as requested.
- Lead special projects, as advised by supervisor, to advance fundraising goals, such as organizing special mailings and specific donor requests.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Support development staff on the production of local mailings including printing and mailing of appeals as applicable.
Preferred Skills, Education & Experience:
- 1+ years of administrative experience at a non-profit organization.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Detail-oriented and accuracy is a must. Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects at a time.
- Customer service-focused work ethic (both external and internal).
- Work closely and cordially with all office staff as it pertains to our organization’s mission.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based upon reporting deadlines and management’s needs.
- Passion for our mission and children.