Development Office (Exempt)
Reports To: Director of Development
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled; EOE.
The Development Officer is responsible for building long term relationships with individuals and engaging donors in our mission. This includes seeking and establishing new relationships, stewarding and increasing support from current donors, and meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Create customized outreach plans to engage individuals in our programs, specifically with small and large special fundraising and friend raising events and through the annual fund campaign.
- Manage an active portfolio of donors, securing gifts and visits with donors.
- Work closely with Development staff, President & CEO as well as the Board, on implementing moves management programs as appropriate.
- Assist in developing and implementing the strategic fundraising plan and revenue budget.
- Develop and maintain donor recognition and stewardship.
- Manage fundraising volunteers and committees to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America on best practices and resources.
- Manage procedures and practices to meet chapter ROI and revenue goals.
- Women Inspiring Strength and Hope (W.I.S.H) Circle fundraising campaign.
- Lead, promote and manage the WISH Circle events in partnership with volunteer committee to ensure the events are strategic and provide excellent ROI for Chapter.
- Implement strategy to increase revenue from honorees through individual gifts and special event sponsorships.
- In partnership with chapter staff, lead revenue strategies to achieve stated goals for annually produced internal special events and Peer to Peer fundraising campaigns. Track giving results and collaborate with the National office on opportunities to increase giving at the chapter level.
DEVELOPMENT & STEWARDSHIP:
- Manage and maintain an active portfolio of existing individual donors and prospects for research, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship.
- Serve as Development Team’s point person for Evening of Wishes receptions, office cultivation tours and donor events.
- Ensure accurate recording and acknowledgement of gifts within defined standards and meeting established metrics.
- Coordinate donor recognition as needed, including preparation of materials.
- Lead special projects to advance fundraising goals, such as organizing “Thank You Tuesdays” and activities by Board members following the guidelines of the Stewardship Plan.
- Support Development Team on prospect screening sessions.
ANNUAL FUND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT:
- Manage online giving programs including website enhancements and updates.
- Manage, execute and analyze chapter direct mail programs. Create strategic and customized individual solicitation proposals for donors.
- Collaborate with Development Team to help plan, guide and direct annual fund strategies to secure new gifts from prospects as well as renew and upgrade gifts from previous donors.
- Track national direct mail (CDMP) giving results and create stewardship opportunities.
- Position requires some travel, evening and weekend work hours.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/BA or comparable experience required.
- Three to five years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Requires excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal skills, writing and presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly professional and able to work successfully with a wide variety of constituents including donors, board members, volunteers, community groups and professional consultants.
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, and Raiser’s Edge database management software.
- Exudes a powerful passion for our children, their families, and our mission, day in and day out.
- Displays and purposefully creates camaraderie amongst coworkers, elevating their passion and enthusiasm for what our chapter is trying to accomplish.