Community Engagement Coordinator (Non-Exempt)
Reports To: Director of Development
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled; EOE.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building long term relationships with businesses, groups, wish families and individual community members, engaging them in our mission, seeking out and establishing new relationships, and achieving annual revenue goals. This position is focused on external/internal event fundraising including Walk For Wishes, Kids For Wish Kids, relationships with clubs and organizations, and peer to peer fundraising.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will:
- Implement strategic and customized outreach plans to engage the community in our programs, specifically with special event and peer to peer fundraising.
- Engage the community through multiple channels including event and community volunteers and in-kind donations.
- Maintain recognition and stewardship for events (internal and external).
- Enhance and coordinate current national brand campaigns.
- Collaborate with Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America on best practices and resources.
- Coordinate procedures and practices to meet chapter ROI and revenue goals.
Internal and External Event Fundraising, Wishmakers on Campus, Chi Omega Partnership, Kids For Wish Kids, and Workplace Giving:
- Increase revenue from special events and cause-related marketing programs to develop integrated and robust community partnerships.
- In partnership with the development staff, achieve stated goals for annually produced internal special events.
- Coordinate all aspects of Walk For Wishes in partnership with a volunteer committee to ensure events are strategic and provide excellent ROI for Chapter
- Includes retention and acquisition of volunteers and teams.
- Implement strong mission component focused on wish family engagement.
- Partner with volunteer committee to accomplish established goals.
- Coordinate marketing and PR materials for events in tandem with Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Promote and manage Wishmakers on Campus with universities and colleges in territory.
- Maintain strong working relationship with Chi Omegas partnership.
- Promote and manage Kids For Wish Kids program with schools, churches & youth groups (K-12).
- Facilitate the application and reporting processes for the Combined Federal Campaign, State Employee Charitable Campaign, and other Workplace Giving programs including matching gift programs.
Wish Family Alumnae Engagement:
- Create, implement, and coordinate a strategy to allow our families to share their experience and expand our reach to increase family participation, referrals, broaden our reach via social media and community involvement, strengthen our advocacy, and increase revenue.
Relationship Building and Motivating Fundraising Volunteers:
- Lead all community-related fundraising programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of community events that require chapter licensing agreements, ensuring that the events are strategic, well-planned and provide an excellent ROI for the Chapter.
- Track community giving results and collaborate with the National office on opportunities to increase giving at the chapter level.
- Partner with Volunteer Services Manager on speaker’s bureau and fundraising/special event volunteers and regional leaders.
- Manage and maintain an active portfolio of existing community, clubs and organizational prospects for research, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship.
- Assist in developing and implementing the strategic fundraising plan and revenue budget.
- Work closely with development team and volunteers/staff on all forms of donor stewardship.
- Assist in cultivating and managing strategic donor/volunteer relationships.
- Position requires some travel, evening and weekend work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One to three years of work experience in sales, marketing or non-profit.
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Excellent customer service orientation and professional demeanor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative, team oriented organization.
- Proven ability to take responsibility and to problem solve in a proactive manner.
- Creativity and desire to elicit new thinking and methods.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Strong database and PC skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Raisers Edge and Team Raiser experience preferred.
- Passion for our mission and children.